Hawker Audax, K5600 was constructed under Air Ministry contract 406498 and placed on charge 5th March 1937. There are a number of Westland inspection stamps on various parts and the aircraft is likely to have been sub-contracted to Westland, who were sub-contractors of Hawker-designed aircraft. The aircraft went to 226 Army Co-Operation Squadron, then to 2nd School of Army Co-operation and to 10 MU on 8th June 1939. It finished up at No.10 School of Technical Training, Kirkham, Liverpool on 26th September 1940. The remains of the aircraft were acquired a number of years ago from a Cheshire scrap yard. It was collected from a wooded area where trees had grown through the airframe, but no engine was found with it. This aircraft is a particularly rare survivor of the type as no other Audax is believed to exist. The restoration has progressed well, with most of the basic airframe completed, but is currently in storage pending time and the opportunity to complete the work.